The first electrical domestic socket and plug was invented in 1883.
An electrical socket is a receptacle found as part of a building or other large structure which can be used to connect an electronic device to an electric circuit.
Travellers definitely know already, about the multitude of sockets and plug types out there. Worldwide, there are 15 types of home and office electrical outlet & plugs, each of which has been assigned a letter by the ITA (US Department of Commerce International Trade Administration), arbitrary without meaning, from A to O.
Smarty Home Shop is offering for sale a wide variety of Smart Plugs, Smart Sockets, Smart Outlets.
Works with Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT
Connecting your home to a smarter futureAt work, on holiday, wherever you are, control your home appliances remotely over the Internet through Woox Smart Plug. Use your mobile phone to remotely turn on an electric kettle, switch on or off the lights in the living room, get the air purifier up and running or even turn on the water heater. It’s all done with just a few taps in the intuitive Woox Home app.
- Voice control - works with Amazon Alexa (Echo and Echo Dot) and Google Assistant for voice control (Alexa device and Google Home device sold separately) and IFTTT
- No Hub required - works with any 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi router without the need for a separate Hub or paid subscription service
- Remote access - control your smart plug from anywhere with your tablet or smartphone using the free woox home app
- Scheduling - Schedule the Smart Plug to automatically power home appliance on and off as needed
- Away mode - turn your devices on and off at different times to give the appearance that someone is home